Friday, July 1, 2016

Adirdonack Art Association Show 2016 #2

It's July 2016 already and we're on the 2nd Summer Show at the Adirondack Art Association Gallery in Essex, NY

I have two new pieces for the 2nd show plus one older piece.

Essex Red Chairs (sold)

I saw this image originally in a regional magazine and was sure that it was manipulated since I didn't think that you could get both Camel's Hump, the mountain in the background, and Split Rock, the small island in the foreground together in such a way.

I decided to see if I could find the spot where it was "taken".  Lo and Behold, there is a spot on the Albee Road in Essex, NY that the view can be seen.  This is my result.

Sunflower Morning

This picture was taken in 2014 at a very difficult time of my life.  I had just been diagnosed with cancer and was having a hard time with accepting the fact. I was told about these sunflower fields a few miles from my house and decided to check them out.  It was absolutely gorgeous.  I spend about 90 miles taking photographs and in the process got soaked since it was an early humid morning and the sunflower were covered with a heavy due. 

A few days later when I went back the sunflowers were still there but had gone past their peak color.

Essex Inn

I have used this picture in other exhibits.  Not sure why I like it, but it appeals to my eyes.  The Essex Inn is a gorgeous building just down the street from the Adirondack Art Association gallery.


No comments:

Post a Comment